Murray Birrell takes career progression very seriously and provides support and encouragement for surveyors at various stages of their APC.
SENIOR BUILDING SURVEYOR
As a result of increased workload in the Practice, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Surveyor ideally of Chartered status, or with demonstrable relevant experience to join us and assist in the ongoing expansion of the business.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- The individual should have minimum 10 years relevant experience and have a degree in Building Surveying or related subject. The individual should preferably be a Chartered Building Surveyor or with direct relevant experience in LTA matters
- Display the level of technical skill and exercise reasonable care in the performance of their work in relation to the technical competence expected of a Building Surveyor with minimum 10 years experience and to suit age of individual
- Receive instructions from line manager regarding service to be provided and programme. Discuss and agree same
- Understand the need for profitability and manage own workload to meet targets of time taken v fee earned
We also encourage our qualified surveyors to develop skills and grow professionally. We run our own in-house CPD and also present on various topics to clients.
The position is based in our Petts Wood offices but with office facilities also in Mount Street, Mayfair, London W1.
- Plan and organise own workload. Manage same and carry out whatever technical work required to be undertaken. Such technical work to include the following:
a) Approval of Plans/Licence to Alter (LTA) under the terms of the lease
b) Professional work including PPM surveys/ party wall matters, schedules of condition and dilapidations, Landlord’s representative for Development Monitoring/Tenant Fit Out works
c) Some contract administration/lead consultant duties
- Capable of handling day to day liaison with the office
- Capable of handling client liaison specific to the project
- Have good communication and technical skills. Understand how to read a lease, technical guidance notes, licence to alter, deeds etc
Building professionals can join our database by emailing a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch should a relevant position become available.
For further information relating to the role or to learn more about the Practice, please see our website or request a full Job Description by contacting us at email@example.com.
- To follow specific technical systems and/or procedures e.g. building contracts, Practice Notes etc when requested to do so
- Not to carry out, or allow to be carried out, an act in the normal day to day activities which might cause a client to take action against the company in relation to a claim for professional negligence
- Keep line manager informed of all staff, client, technical and other matters likely to affect the running of the project
- To be aware of the company’s health & safety statement, data protection, equal opportunities statement and other like material. Make the directors/line manager aware if there are any non-compliance issues
- To carry out continuing professional development as required by the company and The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors